University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust brings Digital Printing In‐house with Magicomm’s PrintMagic software
Magicomm’s PrintMagic software tool provides complete control of Printing the Anoto Unique Dot Pattern and produce print-‐ready files rapidly and precisely.
The unique dot pattern that Anoto provides by way of .oal files enable the generation of print files. This delivers the unique dot pattern in standard A4 format with full dot pattern coverage. PrintMagic takes unique dot-‐pattern generation to a whole new level and offers tight control of the output files.
- Spawns threads to take advantage of spare CPU capacity – dramatically speeding up the process of rendering the dot pattern combined with a form’s artwork.
- Organise large print jobs into customer pre-defined batches for the creation of pads.
- Include one of more NCR copies in order to deliver pre-collated print jobs.
- Add customisable incrementing serial numbers to forms together with a CSV file detailing the unique pattern page reference number pegged against the serial numbers.
- Add customer provided static, variable or incrementing barcodes
- Knock out pattern from specific print areas.
- Generate A4 or A3 forms and 2 x A4 side-by-side on A3.
- Full impositions capability to automatically calculate page order for A3 folded booklets.
- Output in print-ready PDF or Postscript format.
- Stores known values for specific forms enabling quick re-runs with minimal user input.
- Has an intuitive user interface requiring minimal training
- Complements the OpenForms and CareShare platforms as well as Magicomm’s Tailored applications
- PrintMagic is a tool that Magicomm developed for in-‐house use and has provided invaluable control over the printing process of the Anoto dot pattern for all of our customers using unique dot pattern.
Dean Grinham, Programme Delivery manager, UHB stated:
“We have worked with Magicomm over the past 30 months ensuring that our solution meets the needs of the Trust in the integration of Anoto-‐based functionality within the locally developed electronic patient record and e-prescribing system (PICS). We have found Magicomm very receptive to our requirements and they have always provided us with the customer service that we desire. Whenever we have needed help they have been exemplary.”
Garry Hollinshead, Magicomm’s MD, commented:
“University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB) are a valued customer. UHB has over 400 digital pens in regular use with well over 300,000 forms per annum being used. By bringing the printing function in-house using PrintMagic, UHB can expect to make significant savings and have a real ‘print-on-demand’ solution delivering unique benefits.”
Magicomm is an Anoto Global Service Provider with a reputation for delivering innovative solutions. The OpenForms platform is feature rich and enables users to develop their own forms in-house speeding up development of digital forms whilst reducing costs.
Magicomm has partners that brand its platform. With its significant range of software tools and libraries Magicomm works with large software organisations on an OEM basis enabling them to take advantage of Magicomm’s ten years’ software development experience.